Mandarin Turkey Stir-Fry
photo by FLKeysJen
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maggi seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger paste, divided
- 3⁄4 lb turkey cutlets (or tenderloins)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges (about 1 cup, undrained)
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh stir fry vegetables (broccoli, carrots, snow peas, cabbage)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup ponzu sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Combine in medium bowl, Maggi, garlic, pepper, and 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger paste. Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Cut turkey into 1" pieces; add to ginger mixture, turn to coat (wash hands).
- Place 1 T. of the oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add turkey (wash hands); cook 3-4 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165*F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
- Meanwhile, drain oranges, reserving 2 T. juice; set oranges aside. Place juice and stir-fry vegetables and cook 2-3 minutes or until desired tenderness. Pat water chestnuts dry; stir in during last minute of cook time.
- Combine ponzu sauce and cornstarch in small bowl. Pour over vegetables; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring often, or until sauce boils and thickens.
- Return turkey to pan, add mandarin oranges; toss gently and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!