Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
WOW! My DH won't let me make ANY other chocolate chip cookies since he's had these. If you like malted milk, these are the cookies for you!!! ENJOY!
- 236.59 ml butter flavor shortening
- 295.73 ml packed brown sugar
- 177.44 ml instant malted milk powder
- 44.37 ml chocolate syrup
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml semisweet chocolate chunks
- 170.09 g milk chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat for two minutes.
- Add egg.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips& chunks.
- Shape into 2" balls; place 3" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the tray before removing to wire racks.
excellent cookie. these reminded me of the chocolate chip cookies from subway. i did not have the chocolate chunks, so i used the 6 oz of milk chocolate chips and used a bag of semi sweet for the chunks. i was afraid the chocolate syrup would make it a chocolate cookie with chips, but it only adds flavor. try these, they are wonderful. don't think i will want to make any other chocolate chip cookies again.
Although I was expecting more of a malted milk taste I must say they were still an excellent cookie. They had just the right amount of "softness" and "chewiness". I think I will increase the malted milk powder next time.
These are delicious! I'll be making them again.