Brian's Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies (Aka Dirt Cookies)
photo by brian48195
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (milk chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon or roll into your hand an make a ball and place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes (you have to watch them to see if they are done as you can't see them brown because the batter is brown).
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy cooking and baking and like to try new and sometimes off beat recipes.