1/3 Photos of Make-Ahead Sausage and Egg Brunch Enchiladas
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Italian sausages with casings removed or bulk Italian sausage meat may be used in place of the small pork breakfast sausages --- make two pans if you are serving more than 5 people, feel free to add in other ingredients to the sausage mixture, the cheese amount may be adjusted to taste --- these are delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb small pork sausage (chopped into small pieces or crumbled)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided (use about 2 tablespoons for each tortilla, can use more to taste)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped (use green or red)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- sour cream
- 1Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2In a skillet over medium-high heat cook the sausages with onion, crumbling the meat while cooking, until completely cooked; cool completely.
- 3Place about 1/3 cup of the cooked sausage mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- 4Sprinkle the mixture with about 2 tablespoons shredded cheese (can use more).
- 5Roll up each tortilla and place seam-side down into the casserole dish.
- 6In a bowl whisk together flour with half and half cream, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt and black pepper until well combined.
- 7In a bowl whisk the eggs with flour, cream cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt and black pepper.
- 8Add in the green bell pepper, then pour over the top of the tortillas.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours or overnight.
- 10Remove from the refrigerator 45 minutes before baking.
- 11When ready to bake set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 12Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes, then uncover and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
- 13Sprinkle about 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese on top (can use more or less) return to oven for 2-3 minutes just to melt the cheese.
- 14Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- 15Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make-Ahead Sausage and Egg Brunch Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (2348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.0
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 194.8 mg
- Sodium 901.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: