Recipe by Sharon123
This is easy to make (the night before), and yummy to eat the next morning. I made this for brunch and my friends wanted the recipe. Enjoy!
Top Review by Merlot
I went camping over the weekend and this dish was perfect! I loved being able to make this a day ahead and then just pop it in the oven the next morning (I camp in a motorhome :-). Everyone loved it and it was sooo easy. I topped it with onions and green bell pepper. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 8 slices bread, cubed (I like to use whole wheat, or rye-pumpernickel)
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Add cubed bread.
- Spread cheese over bread.
- Beat eggs, add milk and salt; beat.
- Add melted margarine and pour over bread.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Top with mushrooms, onion, green peppers, olives, etc.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahreneheit for 45 to 55 minutes.