Easiest Chicken Marsala (Make the Night Before)
Used for our Gourmet Club. So, easy and delicious I kept thinking am I forgetting to do something. May seem like a lot of wine, but alot gets absorbed overnight by the chicken. Raves from the Club. This is a 5 star recipe for flavor & appearance however baking it in the dish that you have marinated it in does not allow the bottom of the breast to crisp and it remains very soft. Next time I would place it on a shallow rack in the oven or pan fry in a non stick pan so both sides get that lovely golden texture.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 8 chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 14 ounces marsala wine (use broth can)
- 1 egg
- Scramble egg in small bowl.
- Dip chicken breasts into egg and dredge into bread crumbs on both sides.
- Saute breasts in a small amount of olive oil in a frying pan; set aside.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in a small amount of olive oil.
- Add broth and wine and bring to a boil.
- Lay chicken breasts side by side in baking dish.
- Pour mushrooms and wine sauce over chicken.
- Marinate overnight in fridge.
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes uncovered until hot.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
- **The sauce absorbs into the chicken so you want alot of sauce to begin with.
- Also realize the alcohol burns off during the cooking.
- If you choose to have less sauce, broth and wine should be of equal proportions.