Make-Ahead Spinach Manicotti Recipe
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) carton whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
- n a large bowl, mix ricotta, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley and seasonings. In a large bowl, mix spaghetti sauce and water; spread 1 cup into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Fill uncooked manicotti shells with ricotta mixture; arrange over sauce. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes or until manicotti is tender.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"