Recipe by Rhonda *J*
I jotted this down from a Reader's Digest magazine and have yet to make it,but plan on it soon....it sounds soooo yummy!
Top Review by Venessa
I found this recipe easy to make but no one in the family really took to it. The first few bites are not bad but then it just starts to taste bad. I also didn't find it to be the most appetizing meal to look at.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 cups low fat low sodium beef broth (stock)
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a large deep saute pan heat oil and saute onion,garlic& red pepper for about 2 minutes.
- Crumble in the ground beef and cook about 10 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Heat the beef broth on the stove or in the microwave.
- Add hot broth,macaroni,tomatoes,& seasonings to the ground beef mixture.
- Simmer about 10 minutes or until it has reduced and macaroni is cooked.
- Mix in sour cream& cheese and cook over low heat another 5 minutes continuing to stir until creamy.
- Mix in parsley& serve.