1/6 Photos of Macaroni & Cheese - Easy and Cheesy
1 hr 5 mins
Diana #2's Note:
If you are among the many who can't seem to get the hang of making a roux for a bechamel sauce, then this is the Mac & Cheese recipe for you. Couldn't be easier, and just as good as the old standby method. I have made a few alterations to the ingredients, but the method is the same. I believe it came from Southern Living, but I can never be sure :). Note: I use Old Cheddar. Sharp would work well also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- 3Place milk, flour, pepper, basil and tabasco in a lidded container. Shake for about a minute to blend.
- 4In a large bowl combine cooked pasta, milk/flour mixture, onions and 4 cups of cheese. Stir well.
- 5Pour into a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- 6Bake for 45 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni & Cheese - Easy and Cheesy
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.0
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.2 mg
- Sodium 766.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 22.6 g