Easy Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (or whatever shape you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 -5 dashes Frank's red hot sauce (do not use Tobasco)
- salt and pepper
- Cook macaroni until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan. When melted, whisk in the flour until incorporated and cook for 30 seconds or so until thickened.
- Slowly pour in cream and milk while whisking. Cook until thickened on low heat, whisking frequently. Usually 3-4 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Once all the cheese has melted, add macaroni and stir well. Adjust salt and pepper per taste.
Join The Conversation