Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a meal in itself. You can cut the recipe in half if you find it too big but it freezes very well. Everyone loves this recipe. Smells great when cooking - and it is very quick to make.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 6 medium onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes (I use diced tomatoes.)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 10 -15 cups beef broth
- 3 -4 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Saute ground beef, onions and celery.
- Add salt, pepper and tomatoes, tomato soup, beef broth, macaroni and worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 18 minutes.
- Divide into containers and freeze if so desired.
This recipe was perfect for the huge pot of homemade beef broth which measured 15 cups. We all enjoyed this hearty soup very much
This recipe was a life saver. I had planned on taking the family out to eat, but weather didn't permit. I had all of the ingredients on hand, so threw it together in no time. I substituted Garlic and Onion diced tomatoes for plain tomatoes and omitted the onions - time saver. Delicious, I will definitely make this again!
Just made your soup and it is soo good! I did make a few changes, though so it turned out to be more of a main dish. I halved the recipe and added 3 cloves of chopped garlic with the onions. I was out of celery, so I put 1 small chopped zucchini in with the tomatoes and broth. I also added about a cup of frozen corn and simmered the whole thing (without the macaroni) for about an hour, adding the macaroni about 20 minutes before serving. I served it with Geems's Cheddar Cheese Bread #55360 and for desert my DD made Fudgy Low-Fat Brownies #38432. DH and DD raved about the meal!