Chickpea and Tomato Soup
This is a recipe from allrecipes.com
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook garlic in oil 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in garbanzo beans, water, bouillon cube, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a good recipe for a light quick and easy dinner. I deviated a little from the directions. I don't like tomato chunks so I stuck an immersion blender in before adding the chickpeas to break up the tomato chunks a bit which thickened the soup nicely. I also added about 1/2 t dry basil and was generous with the garlic. I used home made chicken stock instead of bullion.Reply