Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a long time family recipe......or so I thought... This is in a family cookbook that I got back in 1988 and we have been using this recipe even before the cookbook came out... It's easy, it's fun, and I have yet to see a kid, (or adult for that matter!), that hasn't like this recipe... We switch up on toppings, but pepperoni always seems to be the favorite. Also, adjust the amount of sauce and cheese to your liking. My father still makes this for himself by just cutting all the ingredient amounts in half and cooking in a 9 x 9 inch baking dish. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family has throughout the years!
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) boxes macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 (16 ounce) jars pizza sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package pepperoni
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325°F; grease 13 x 9 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Prepare Macaroni and Cheese according to box directions.
- Stir eggs thoroughly into Mac and Cheese.
- Pour mixture into 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread pizza sauce over Mac and Cheese.
- Cover with as much or as little pepperoni as you like.
- Cover with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for additional 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Thumbs up all around from us! I used ground turkey and added some Italian seasoning. I also added some chopped mushrooms. We all loved it! I do think that I'll halve the noodles, eggs, and sauce, though. This made way too much for our family of 4. Other than that, it was perfect!
This was okay. My husband and I weren't all that thrilled. I thought the cheese in the mac n cheese part would have been more noticeable, especially since I added an ounce of Velveeta to the recipe. My 4 year old said, "I like this, but I like them better separate," meaning she'd rather have pizza or mac n' cheese, but not necessarily together. .
This was very good. I used only one jar of Pizza sauce as I thought it was enough. Also, I would cut up the pepperoni's before I put them on next time so it would be easier to cut through with a fork when eating. Otherwise, it was very easy to make and we all enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing!!