Weeknight Beef Enchilada Casserole
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 dozen corn tortilla
- 1 (6 ounce) can chopped olives
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- sour cream, for garnish if desired
- salsa, for garnish if desired
- guacamole, if desired (to garnish)
- Brown meat with onion.
- Cut up tortillas into small sections.
- Mix everything together and place in a casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole if desired.
WOW! This is FABULOUS stuff! I made it for a friend and we both (as well as my two year old) LOVED it and couldn't get enough. Only changes I made were to omit the onions, add some taco seasoning to the meat, and used low-fat ingredients. We loved it best with sour cream on top and sprinkle of jalapenos! Thank you so much for sharing -- this one's a star!
This is a great casserole!!! It is very creamy and rich! This is really easy to make and a great time-saver!! I used extra lean ground beef and only about 3/4 of the pound of cheese. After I browned and drained my beef with the onions in a Texas size skillet, I had enough room to mix everything in the skillet before putting in my casserole dish, this cut down on my dishes!! I used chopped black olives and I thought they really made it great. I got some sliced black olives plus roma tomatoes and green onions to garnish along with my sour cream and recipe#312549 that I had made. Love this recipe, will make again when I am craving homemade enchiladas!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am Erick's wife and Thomas and Anne's mom. I recently received the joy of becoming a SAHM. I love to cook and this site gives me many opportunities to experiment.</p>