Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Always extremely popular with young and old alike.
Top Review by Erica K.
I made them yesterday and our guest loved them , my husband and I are currently enjoying the left overs this morning . Definitely use Vanilla ..yum Also during the process of melting butter and marshmallows have the candy in the freezer . I did that and they didn't melt !
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) package marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 (12 ounce) bag M&M's (regular or mini)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure out cereal into a large bowl and set aside. Coat a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray or butter and set aside.
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal. Stir until well coated. Let cool for several minutes. Stir in M&M's, very gently! They will have a tendency to melt. Pour them over the mixture as spread out as possible so you don't have to stir much.
- Using wax paper press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Let cool for 15 minutes or until set.