Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
It's amazing that so few ingredients can make such a delicious cheesecake. Really easy.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and press on the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until just blended.
- Stir in zest and juice from lemon.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Top with Cool Whip and garnish with lemon slices.
This was SO easy, I made this recipe for a Family party. It was the first time I ever made any cheesecake. I got rave reviews. The quests said it was even better than the "Alden Merrill" Thank you so much.
This cheesecake isn't sweet enough for me. Maybe next time I will put some sugar in the crust and double the sugar in the cake. As far as the lemon flavor, I thought it was fine. Yes, it is mild, but it is tasty.
this was very good. Not quite strong enough for me, though. I used all the juice and all the peel from a freshly picked lemon, but wish I had added a little extract to give it a stronger flavor.