Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from the Nutrition Action Health Letter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1⁄2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant brown rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the cumin and broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the rice, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the cooked rice, stirring to combine.
All my favorite herbs in one healthy rice recipe, so why the average rating you ask? Adding tablespoon after tablespoon of herbs, was herb-overkill. In particular are the rosemary and thyme- I would def cut these in half next time. But what an enticing aroma this dish has!! Thanks for posting, will make it again!!