Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lower fat version of the original Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookie.
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 59.14 ml applesauce
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil (I use Canola)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 egg
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 340.19 g package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together the brown sugar, white sugar,butter, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the spoonful onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown (additional time may be needed).
- Cool slightly then remove cookies to cool on a wire rack.