Raisin Bran Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by Chicagoland Chef du
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, you can use 1 C All Purpose and omit the whole wheat
- 1⁄2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip, more if desired
- 1⁄4 walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix sugar, oil, egg whites, water, cinnamon, salt, baking soda in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add cereal and flour.; stir well until blended.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts, if using, mix well.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray or use parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Drop by small cookie scoop onto baking sheet. 2" apart. Bake for 14 minutes or until lightly browned. NOTE: if using a different measure, adjust timing accordingly. I used a small cookie scoop.
- Remove from baking sheet and place on wire rack. Cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi there! Originally CHICAGOLAND CHEF DU JOUR, I like to think of myself as a fantastic home cook with a flair for the gourmet. I have gotten & shared many recipes since I became a member in 2007. Although I have not been active in a few years, I still return to look for recipes from some of my fave chefs. Thanks to all you have helped me over the years and thanks a bunch to any and all reviews.