Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Even though the dark meat is higher in fat, turkey is actually slightly lower in calories and fat than other favorite sources of meat protein. So stock up !!
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 2 -3 cups quartered mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup coarse chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 turkey breast, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the 1st 8 ingredients in a 3 qt crock pot.
- Dry the turkey cubes and coat with the flour. Arrange on top of veggies.
- Mix the wine, broth, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for approx 8 hours.
- During the last hour, stir once or twice and break apart the cubes.
- Do not take the lid off for more than a minute or 2.
- Stir in the parsley just before you serve it.