Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lowfat version of a traditional lowfat southwest salad.
- 1 cup prepared low fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup prepared salsa, medium
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce
- 1 (10 ounce) packageshredded carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 cup finely shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup baked corn tortilla chips, crushed
- Combine Ranch dressing and salsa; set aside.
- In large bowl, layer the Romaine. Mix carrots, black beans, corn, red onion, tomato and cheese.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips before serving.
This was really good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written except I did not use the corn - I do not like corn in my salads. I cooked up a pound of grass-fed ground beef and seasoned it with red pepper, minced onion, a minced jalapeno and Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix, and added that to the tops of our salads before the dressing - we needed the extra protein as we had this as a post-workout meal. Very tasty and since this uses so many ingredients that I would normally have on hand any day to the week, it's a quick and healthy dinner for a weeknight. Thanks for posting morgainegeiser - made for the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys and ZWT8 Family Picks - recipe from the Mex/SW/TexMex APCB.
Great - low on calories but high on taste and flavour! I had to make a few subs due to regional variations - red kidney beans in place of black beans and mixed salad leaves in place of romaine lettuce, BUT I did have ranch dressing from a recent swap! Made for the Salads, Soups and Sandwiches event in the Photo's forum and Aus/NZ recipe swap. Merci! FT:-)
Yummy!! I used fat free Ranch dressing and mild salsa for the dressing. I mixed in a little taco seasoning with the corn and black beans and then simmered then for a few minutes. I allowed them to cool before adding to the salad. This really was quite yummy!!! Thanks for posting. Made for I Recommend Tag Game.