Recipe by tehparrot
Enjoy this low fat, filling comfort food without the guilt of rich, cream-based soups. Best of all it’s easy to make and the perfect antidote to a cold winter evening. Enjoy with a slice of soda bread. (From the Wild Oats website).
Top Review by Italy gal
A good basic recipe, but mine turned out too 'fluffy' for my taste. Maybe I would have liked it better if I'd only pur?ed half of the soup and let some of the veggies remain in tact. Otherwise, it was a yummy recipe I'll probably try again with a couple tweaks.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 medium organic leeks, rinsed and sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 lb organic yukon gold potato, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup organic chicken or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild oats organic nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Add garlic, shallots, carrots and leeks. Cook for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add potatoes, broth and milk. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook for about 25 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Blend until smooth with an immersion blender or in small batches in a standard blender.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve warm garnished with chives.