1/2 Photos of Low-Fat Potato and Leek Soup
Enjoy this low fat, filling comfort food without the guilt of rich, cream-based soups. Best of all it’s easy to make and the perfect antidote to a cold winter evening. Enjoy with a slice of soda bread. (From the Wild Oats website).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 medium organic leeks, rinsed and sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 lb organic yukon gold potato, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup organic chicken or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups wild oats organic nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1Heat oil in a large soup pot. Add garlic, shallots, carrots and leeks. Cook for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- 2Add potatoes, broth and milk. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook for about 25 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- 3Blend until smooth with an immersion blender or in small batches in a standard blender.
- 4Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve warm garnished with chives.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Potato and Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 70.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: