Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
"These delights are soft and chewy" a comment from the original recipe post. I adopted this recipe, made it and I agree. I followed the recipe, next time I will reduce the amount of brown sugar to 1/4 cup, the cookies/squares are sweet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl, set aside
- In another bowl combine the applesauce, brown sugar, corn syrup, egg white and vanilla, stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add dry ingredients to the liquids, mix well.
- Grease (I used a non-stick cooking spray)a 9x15 inch cookie sheet, spread batter on the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares yield depends on size of squares.
For a low fat cookie they're good. I had to bake them a bit longer because I felt they were still too spongy after 15 minutes. I'd like them a bit tougher.
yery good if cooked right
What can you really expect from a no fat cookie recipe?. Being on a no/very low fat diet this seems like a treat for what it is. No low fat recipe in my eyes will get 5 out of 5. This cookie is moist but it seems like it needs a bit more flavor (I didn't think this cookie was sweet) although I will make this cookie again.