This recipe supposedly earned its name because it is SO addictive and I agree! I absolutely love this stuff. You can just eat it with a fork or make lettuce wraps out of the mix. Simple and DELICIOUS! I say 4 servings here but really, my husband and I could polish off the batch with no problem!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 14 ounces coleslaw mix (if you don't want the carrots use the angel hair cole slaw or just shred up a head of cabbage)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sriracha sauce (this will be pretty mild so add to taste or you can use pepper flakes to taste)
- 1 (1 g) Splenda quick pack
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste (you could also use 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger or ground ginger)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar (any kind really)
- sriracha sauce (to garnish)
- Brown ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat up sesame oil and sauté garlic, onions, and slaw in sesame oil until cabbage cooked to desired tenderness.
- Stir in the soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, Splenda, ginger and vinegar.
- Add back in hamburger. Mix well and serve!
- Serve with additional Sriracha sauce on the side for people who want to add spice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This has become a new family favorite!! After the first time, following the recipe, I changed from hamburger to ground turkey and the meat didn't overpower the yummy Asian flavors. I also added water chestnuts for crunch. I used rice wine vinegar instead of white vinegar. minimal sugar or sugar substitute is needed, at least for me. I have also added snow peas (if I had them). I make this every 1-2 weeks. Please give it a try!! (Even if you're not trying to be low carb!)Reply