Recipe by easpurk
Delicious! and Low Fat by using lean ground turkey and beans. From Oxygen magazine. I searched and searched on zaar and I believe this low fat version is different than any other on here. This one was so flavorful.
Top Review by m2dmhot1978
This has to be one of the most tasty soups I have ever had the pleasure to eat.. I watch what I eat and make sure its healthy. Sometimes things taste blah. But not with this recipe its simply amazing and you feel like you want to eat the whole pot.. Would recommend this to anyone in a heart beat. Thanks For the Recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 minced garlic clove (fresh is best! Buy a garlic presser)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground turkey, basil, oregano, garlic and cayenne pepper in a bowl using your hands.
- Lightly roll meat into 1/2 inch diameter meatballs and set aside on a plate.
- Over medium-high heat, cook meatballs in a fry pan until browned on all sides.
- Place cooked meatballs on a plate, covered with a paper town to absorb excess fat.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add kale.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until kale is tender.
- Stir in meatballs, beans and tomato and let simmer until heated through for 5 minutes.