Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious! and Low Fat by using lean ground turkey and beans. From Oxygen magazine. I searched and searched on zaar and I believe this low fat version is different than any other on here. This one was so flavorful.
- Mix ground turkey, basil, oregano, garlic and cayenne pepper in a bowl using your hands.
- Lightly roll meat into 1/2 inch diameter meatballs and set aside on a plate.
- Over medium-high heat, cook meatballs in a fry pan until browned on all sides.
- Place cooked meatballs on a plate, covered with a paper town to absorb excess fat.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add kale.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until kale is tender.
- Stir in meatballs, beans and tomato and let simmer until heated through for 5 minutes.
This has to be one of the most tasty soups I have ever had the pleasure to eat.. I watch what I eat and make sure its healthy. Sometimes things taste blah. But not with this recipe its simply amazing and you feel like you want to eat the whole pot.. Would recommend this to anyone in a heart beat. Thanks For the Recipe.
Awesome - I tripled the recipe but don't think there will be the need to freeze it as it will be gone in no time. I used 8 cups homemade pork broth and 4 cups chicken broth in tetra pak, subbed in M&M Italian Meatballs and used one 19 oz can navy beans and one 19 oz can white kidney beans. Shredded up more than 3 cups kale and added 1 tsp each minced garlic, oregano and basil. DELISH!! Cut up red and yellow fresh tomatoes right from the garden
I make this recipe in double batches and freeze half. I also use Hunts roasted canned tomatos to speed up prep time. This recipe with its clean simple flavors is one of my all time winter favorites. I've been looking for it every since I lost my nutrition issue of Oxygen. Thank you so much for posting!