Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 6 cups quartered peeled potatoes (about 2 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) packagephiladelphia fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- PLACE potatoes and enough water to cover in 3-quart saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- MASH potatoes, gradually stirring in milk, cream cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper until light and fluffy. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve immediately.
Made a modified version last night. I used unpeeled red potatoes, and added chopped onion sauteed with garlic in place of onion powder. Also added a pinch of seasoned salt. It was very good - didn't miss the butter at all. Thanks!
These potatoes were so good & not the least bit low-fat in taste or texture. I really liked the use of onion powder, but did find them in need of more salt to suit our taste preferences & wanted garlic in them as well. So I used 1/2 tsp seasoning salt + 1/2 tsp garlic salt. I also added 2 tbsp of fresh snipped chives in the mix & some on top to garnish. DH loved them too! Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
I made these for my family for Easter dinner today. My mom is recovering from a recent heart attack and I was looking for a healthy alternative to the usual butter and cream laden mashed. These were yummy and my family really liked them. I added a little more onion powder than called for and a little white pepper. They turned out very smooth and tasty. I will definitely make again. Thanks!