Kicked up Bacon-Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- Place potatoes and 1 tsp salt in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain, return to pot.
- Add half and half, butter, remaining salt, pepper.
- Place pan over medium low heat, mash for 4-5 minutes.
- Add bacon, cheese, sour cream, chives and stir.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!