Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Corn chowder is one of my favorite soups. Unfortunately is usually comes with a fat content. I found a recipe on recipezaar and adapted it. I have gotten many compliments for its creamy texture and peppery zing. I hope you enjoy.
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- bells seasoning, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Saute celery , carrots, onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add frozen corn.
- Add flour to make roux.
- slowly add in chicken stock and milk.
- last add in cans of cream corn and seasonings.
- Let simmer so flavors may meld. 1/2 -1 hours.
Love this. Has a nice zing to it. I like 1T bells, 1 tbs pepper. goes nice from freezer to micro to table too.