An awesome healthy meal with colors and textures. Easy to make and easy to remember. I came up with this variation from using several other recipes. The peas really do blend very well.
- 64 ounces organic free range fat free chicken broth
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen peas, unbuttered
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (remove any fat)
- 18 ounces no yolk noodles
- Using a 6 quart pot with lid, combine broth, onion, celery, carrots, peas and spices except parsley.
- Bring to a boil for 3-5 minutes and then simmer.
- Cook the noodles separately per package directions.
- Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- Drain the noodles and add to the broth.