Recipe by Chickee
I owe this to Elaine Wilson. From the ABC website. I've used a few more olives because they are nice!
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Made for Aus/NZ swap 40. I enjoyed this dish moreso for the simpleness of it. I made this while in Florida visiting DD as it was simple and with the heat of the day was quick and easy to put together. I also loved the lemony and salty taste but DH and kids were not too fond of the olive thing. I will make this again and use less olives (used spanish olives with the pimento)and put to the side for myself. I used a Shirazz as the wine as that is what I had at DD's house. I could see marinating this and grilling out so will give it a try. Thank you.
- 4 chicken fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (lemon thyme is possible)
- 24 pitted green olives (can be pimento stuffed ones)
- 2 lemons (use the zest of one, and the juice of both)
- 300 ml white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Sear the chicken fillets in a nonstick frypan with a little olive oil spray.
- Arrange them in a casserole dish with the wine, lemon zest, olives and thyme. Cook in oven for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from oven, and pour over the lemon juice (you can add a little sugar to the juice if you prefer a less tart flavour). Season a little with salt (but remember the olives are salty).
- Serve chicken on top of jasmine rice cooked with some lemon zest and chicken stock, pour over the juice.