Recipe by nyxie
Quick and easy cherry loaf I made to use up some great fresh cherries from my local grocery store.
Top Review by VLizzle
Pretty good. I used buttermilk instead of the milk and lemon. I used sour cream instead of the yogurt. I doubled the amount of cherries. I used almond extract instead of vanilla and I sprinkled slivered almonds on the bread before baking.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 20 fresh cherries, pits removed and coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the milk and lemon juice. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the dry ingredients. Lightly beat the egg, then add it, the yogurt, the milk mixture, and the vanilla to the dry ingredients. Fold in the cherries.
- Pour batter into greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.