Low-Fat Cherry Cheesecake Pudding Pie
This is a wonderful dessert, you can make it look very elegant or just down home, you decide.
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 cup skim milk
- 6 3⁄4 ounces cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Free, thawed
- Spoon half of the pie filling into crust.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, and pudding mixes. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon mixture over pie filling in crust.
- Refrigerate three hours or until set.
- Top with remaining pie filling.
- You can sprinkle with some shaved chocolate for a nice effect.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Excellent Low Fat Dessert! I did make two changes however. I used only 1 pkg of<br/>cheesecake instant pudding. Then I also added 1 8oz pkg room temperature fat free cream <br/>cheese. This helped make the texture so creamy. I think there must be an error in the recipe because it calls for too many pkgs of pudding. I also just left the pie filling til last and put it on top.
I've read and re-read the directions a few times now and still don't see how people rave about this as written. I used 3.5oz of Pudding mix (about half of what the recipe calls for) and the full amount of milk and the cheesecake layer was like rubber. I can't imagine it with any more mix in it. Sorry but there's got to be an error in this recipe. If it's corrected I will retry it as my hubby loves cherry cheesecake but otherwise, most of what I made is going in the garbage. I see the potential in the recipe though, I just wish I hadn't wasted the effort on what we got.