1/6 Photos of Low-Fat Burgundy Beef & Vegetable Stew
2 hrs 44 mins
2 hrs 14 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef eye round
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 3 cloves large garlic, crushed
- 5 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen whole pearl onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas
- 1Trim fat from beef, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 2In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium high hunt until hot. Add beef (half at a time) and brown evenly, stirring occasionally.
- 3Pour off drippings.
- 4Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- 5Stir in broth, wine and garlic. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low.
- 6Cover tightly and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Add carrots and onions.
- 8Cover and continue cooking 35 to 40 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- 9Bring beef stew to a boil over medium-high heat. Add cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in sugar snap peas.
- 10Reduce heat to medium and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until peas are heated through.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Burgundy Beef & Vegetable Stew
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 591.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 29.8 g