Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are healthy low fat biscuits which I made with currants.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add-in all the wet ingredients.
- Fold in wet ingredients be sure not to overmix.
- Spoon into muffin tray (12's).
- Top with a couple of currants per muffin cup.
- Bake in a 450 degree pre-heated oven for 10 minutes (a little longer if you like your biscuits more crispy).