Recipe by KittyKitty
This is similar to a clambake , but the ingredients are boiled instead of grilled over open coals.Cooking and prep times are apprx.
Top Review by Wife-w-kids
Loved this! I had to substitute frozen crab legs for the blue crab since I could not find it for sale anywhere. We whipped this up for company using our turkey fryer and it made the whole neighborhood drool.
- 2 dozen cherrystone clams
- 12 small red potatoes
- 12 small onions
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 dozen live blue crab
- 1 (3 ounce) package crab boil
- 3 heads garlic
- 4 -6 lemons, halved
- 1 cup vinegar
- 12 ears fresh corn
- 1 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled large raw shrimp
- melted butter
- seafood cocktail sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub clams, set aside.
- Fill a 5- or 6-gallon pot about 2 thirds full with water;bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes, onions, and salt; cover and cook over high heat 20 minutes.
- Add clams, crabs, crab boil, garlic, lemons, and vinegar; cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Add corn, and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add shrimp; let stand in water 5 minutes.
- Drain off water.
- Arrange boiled seafood and vegetables on a large serving platter.
- Serve with melted butter and cocktail sauce.