Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A good holiday recipe that's easier on the grocery bill. No butter here--just an affordable sugar cookie to make with the kids. Lower in fat, too. I found it online and haven't had a chance to try it yet. Let me know what you think. I notice that Low Fat Sugar Cookies is the serious dieter's version of this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine and whisk sugar, oil, vanilla, and egg. (Try adding some lemon or orange zest, if desired).
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients and milk to the wet ingredients; stir to combine thoroughly.
- Chill 1 hour or more.
- Roll to 1/8-inch thick, cut with cookie cutters, and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Decorate if desired.