1/1 Photo of Low Carb Shepherd's Pie
1 hr 1 min
Make sure to season each layer well, as it is difficult to season it later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 pieces bacon, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 16 ounces frozen green beans
- 16 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1In large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; drain well and set aside.
- 2In same skillet, brown the hamburger and onion, seasoning with salt and pepper; drain fat.
- 3In 8"x12" baking dish, mix hamburger, bacon, onion and garlic powders.
- 4Check seasoning for salt and adjust if needed, then stir in the beaten egg and 1/2 the cheese.
- 5Spread over bottom of baking dish.
- 6Meanwhile, in medium pot, cook green beans according to package directions; drain well then return to pot and stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
- 7Season to taste with salt.
- 8Spread beans over meat layer. In same pot, cook cauliflower 10-12 minutes until very tender; drain well.
- 9Put cauliflower, 2 tablespoons butter and sour cream in food processor.
- 10Puree until smooth.
- 11Adjust seasoning, if necessary, then spread evenly over green beans.
- 12Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- 13Bake at 350º for 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.6
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 148.0 mg
- Sodium 351.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 31.7 g