Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
The homey comfort of rice pudding without all the carbs!
Make and share this Low Carb Nearly Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender and blend until almost smooth.
- Pour into six 6-ounce custard cups (ramikins) and sprinkle each with cinnamon.
- Place the cups in a baking dish and pour hot water in the pan around the cups to reach 1 inch up sides of custard cups.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled.
10 STARS! This really does taste like rice pudding and even the texture is close! Now I can have my favorite comfort food dessert more often! I added a bit of nutmeg with the cinnamon. Very easy to make and even easier to eat! :)
For being very low carbs this was yummy! I think I will play around with the ingredients to make it a little more homey for my folks. I will add a small amount of cooked rice. I also used erythritol which is a no carb/no calorie sweetener and some sugar to offset the cooling effect of the sweetener. We aren't fans of Splenda. I'll keep tweaking it to make it perfect for us. It will raise the carb levels a little, but I'll pair it with lower carb food to stay in line. Thanks for sharing this great and creative recipe!