Recipe by MamaDonna
Comfort food for the low-carber. I've been on the SBD for 7 months. My DH began it two weeks ago. I needed to come up with some new recipe ideas to keep him motivated!
Top Review by CAR K.
Good flavor but TOO DRY! Needs some kind of sauce. I was looking for something to add to my list of post bariatric surgery foods that I could eat...but due to the dryness, I just can't.
- 3 Italian sausages
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1 egg
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (16 ounce) container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 2 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove sausage from casing, brown and drain.
- Layer sausage mixed with 1 cup mozzarella onto bottom of lightly greased quiche pan.
- Thaw and drain spinach.
- In mixing bowl, scramble egg and add ricotta, spinach, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Layer ricotta cheese mixture over sausage mixture.
- Place sliced tomatoes and mushrooms over top and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Let set for 10 minutes before cutting to serve.