1/1 Photo of Low Carb Buffalo Hot Wings
Sue Lau's Note:
You can bake or fry these. If you fry them they are crispier and more flavorful, although baking cuts down on fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken wings, separated and tips discarded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup louisiana hot sauce (like Frank's or Crystal brand but NOT Tabasco)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup low-carb blue cheese salad dressing (optional) or 1/2 cup low carb ranch salad dressing (optional)
- 4 -5 celery ribs, cut into sticks (optional)
- 1While chicken is cooking, mix together melted butter, hot sauce, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce and keep warm; prepare celery and dressing/dip and set aside.
- 2Rinse chicken wings and pat dry.
- 3Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- 4Deep-fry wings in at least 3 inches of hot oil for about 20 minutes or bake for about 35-45 minutes at 375-400F until cooked through and crispy.
- 5Drain chicken wings on paper or paper toweling.
- 6Place wings in a large mixing bowl and toss with wing sauce until evenly coated, or serve separately as a dip.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Buffalo Hot Wings
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 962.8
- Calories from Fat 697
- Total Fat 77.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 323.1 mg
- Sodium 1291.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 62.8 g