You can bake or fry these. If you fry them they are crispier and more flavorful, although baking cuts down on fat.
- 3 lbs chicken wings, separated and tips discarded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup louisiana hot sauce (like Frank's or Crystal brand but NOT Tabasco)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup low-carb blue cheese salad dressing (optional) or 1⁄2 cup low carb ranch salad dressing (optional)
- 4 -5 celery ribs, cut into sticks (optional)
- While chicken is cooking, mix together melted butter, hot sauce, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce and keep warm; prepare celery and dressing/dip and set aside.
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Deep-fry wings in at least 3 inches of hot oil for about 20 minutes or bake for about 35-45 minutes at 375-400F until cooked through and crispy.
- Drain chicken wings on paper or paper toweling.
- Place wings in a large mixing bowl and toss with wing sauce until evenly coated, or serve separately as a dip.
Great flavor, but I had trouble with the sauce not sticking to the wings. I baked mine and to make them more crispy I broiled them from 5 minutes at the end. Made for My 3 Chefs fall 08.