Recipe by Sue Lau
You can bake or fry these. If you fry them they are crispier and more flavorful, although baking cuts down on fat.
Top Review by Chef Jean
Great flavor, but I had trouble with the sauce not sticking to the wings. I baked mine and to make them more crispy I broiled them from 5 minutes at the end. Made for My 3 Chefs fall 08.
- 3 lbs chicken wings, separated and tips discarded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup louisiana hot sauce (like Frank's or Crystal brand but NOT Tabasco)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup low-carb blue cheese salad dressing (optional) or 1⁄2 cup low carb ranch salad dressing (optional)
- 4 -5 celery ribs, cut into sticks (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- While chicken is cooking, mix together melted butter, hot sauce, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce and keep warm; prepare celery and dressing/dip and set aside.
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Deep-fry wings in at least 3 inches of hot oil for about 20 minutes or bake for about 35-45 minutes at 375-400F until cooked through and crispy.
- Drain chicken wings on paper or paper toweling.
- Place wings in a large mixing bowl and toss with wing sauce until evenly coated, or serve separately as a dip.