Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Wings
This is adapted from a recipe on Frank's RedHot website. These are spicy hot! I recommend recipe #344853 as a condiment!
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup Frank's red hot sauce (or 3/4 cup Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted (if NOT using Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce)
- 3 celery ribs, sliced in lengths as for dipping (optional)
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, dip (optional)
- If Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce is not available, mix together the Frank's Red Hot Sauce with the butter.
- Bake wings in foil-lined pan at 500°F on lowest oven rack for 20 to 25 minutes until crispy, turning once. ALTERNATIVELY: Deep-fry at 375°F for 10 minutes; OR broil 6-inches from heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning once; OR grill over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes turning often.
- Toss wings in Buffalo Wings Sauce to coat.
- Serve with blue cheese dip and/or cucumber slices and/or celery slices if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I only use this recipe for the sauce because it’s THE Buffalo Wing sauce and I deep fried my wings the way I liked them before going vegan. I still use this recipe for my vegan “wings” but I use vegan butter and it’s still awesome! For my wings I’ve used cauliflower (awesome!) seitan (awesome!) and Nuggs (plant based chicken nuggets that are very good when you’re looking to save time)
I am suprised no one said that cooking the wings this way smoked up their kitchen and set off their smoke alarms. I couldn’t finish cooking them this way, they smoked so badly I set off the smoke alarms. My oven was totally clean, but the grease from the wings just smoked up from the high oven temp. I finished them on the grill. I used the sauce, which was excellent though....