Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
low calorie version of a nomally high calorie dish(but tastes so good your tastebuds won't believe the calorie count!) I usually make a double batch of the sauce and freeze it, then the next time I make this I only have the chicken and pasta to prepare.Great recipe, even my finicky husband and child will eat this!
tomato cream sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 skinless boneless skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces spaghetti
- For Tomato Cream sauce:.
- Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Add garlic, saute until tender.(do not brown! it makes the garlic bitter).
- Add cans of tomato and next 5 ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered,20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Combine milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Gradually add milk mixture to tomato sauce, stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes until slightly thickened; stir in cheese.
- Set lid on pot and keep warm on low.
- For Parmesan chicken:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine milk and mustard,stirring with a whisk.
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Dip chicken in milk mixture, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Lightly mist a baking sheet with cooking spray and place chicken on it.
- Bake for 15 minutes then flip chicken and bake for another 15 on other side.
- *With 10 minutes left for chicken to be done start cooking pasta.
- Place 1 cup pasta on each plate top with chicken breast.
- Ladle some tomato cream sauce over pasta and chicken.
- Sprinkle with a little extra Parmesan cheese.
This was soooo good!!! My husband doesnt care for parmesan cheese so I substitued shredded Asiago (not to much different but a bit stronger in flavor) i also used 1/2 skim milk and 1/2 fat free half and half sooo good, thanks loved it!!!,