Recipe by delish #2
low calorie version of a nomally high calorie dish(but tastes so good your tastebuds won't believe the calorie count!) I usually make a double batch of the sauce and freeze it, then the next time I make this I only have the chicken and pasta to prepare.Great recipe, even my finicky husband and child will eat this!
Top Review by lwd338
This was soooo good!!! My husband doesnt care for parmesan cheese so I substitued shredded Asiago (not to much different but a bit stronger in flavor) i also used 1/2 skim milk and 1/2 fat free half and half sooo good, thanks loved it!!!,
tomato cream sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 skinless boneless skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- For Tomato Cream sauce:.
- Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Add garlic, saute until tender.(do not brown! it makes the garlic bitter).
- Add cans of tomato and next 5 ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered,20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Combine milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Gradually add milk mixture to tomato sauce, stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes until slightly thickened; stir in cheese.
- Set lid on pot and keep warm on low.
- For Parmesan chicken:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine milk and mustard,stirring with a whisk.
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Dip chicken in milk mixture, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Lightly mist a baking sheet with cooking spray and place chicken on it.
- Bake for 15 minutes then flip chicken and bake for another 15 on other side.
- *With 10 minutes left for chicken to be done start cooking pasta.
- Place 1 cup pasta on each plate top with chicken breast.
- Ladle some tomato cream sauce over pasta and chicken.
- Sprinkle with a little extra Parmesan cheese.