Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are tons of these out there, but give this one a try. Making a few changes really brings the fat intake down a little. Use precooked chicken, like from the deli in your supermarket and your half way there!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- 1 cup corn kernel, frozen
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 (14 1/4 ounce) cans no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request condensed tomato soup
- 16 baked corn tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over med-high heat. Add onions and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and next 8 ingredients, chicken thru tomato soup.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Ladle into bowls and top with crushed tortilla chips and sour cream.
I am a big fan of this recipe! Easy, tasty and very yummy on a cold or raining afternoon. All you need is a good book to go along with this comforting soup!