Low Calorie Spinach & Mushroom Wedding Soup
This soup is so good that every time I eat it, I still can't believe there are next to no calories. It sounds so simple, but doesn't taste that way. I promise you'll love it!
- Ready In:
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetarian chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups frozen whole spinach leaves
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- Bring chicken broth to a simmer.
- Add parmesan cheese and mushrooms to broth, stir. Continue to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add frozen spinach. Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- For Vegetarian use the Vegetarian chicken flavored broth only.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love this soup! I've been making it for a couple years now for weight loss or to fill up with little calories. I don't put cheese in it, and I use chicken broth. For under 90 calories I get 2 cups of mushrooms, 1 cup of chopped frozen spinach, 2 tsp of chicken broth granules in 3 cups of water. Very tasteful and filling.Reply
Great soup for a diet, I like it straight, but as a experimenter, I added various ingredients to each separate bowl I ate. Bragg's Spy, White Pepper, Lime Juice & Red Vinegar. The soy was the best addition for flavor, the Lime Juice & Vinegar not so much. I also had some left over Broccoli which was a good idea for extra nutrition.<br/>This would be a great inexpensive soup for a caterer to add to the menu.Reply
see 11 more