1/1 Photo of Love Me Tenders
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Ok, so it's a contest between my husband and I to come up with the most ridiculous recipe name. I think I'm winning! There were a few already up my sleeve, so I kind of had a head start. These are panko-coated chicken tenders, VERY crispy and flavorful, served with a soy sauce-based dipping sauce. You can simplify the sauce component by mixing equal parts soy sauce and rice vinegar and using this in place of the listed dipping sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4-1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 eggs, beaten in a bowl for dredging
- 1 cup flour, for dredging
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, to season the flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, for dredging
- oil, 1/4 inch in pan for frying
- 1Mix the dipping sauce ingredients together and chill until ready to serve.
- 2Heat 1/4-inch of oil in a large skillet.
- 3Place three large plates on the counter.
- 4Mix the Cajun seasoning and the salt and pepper to taste into the flour and pour all of it onto the first large plate.
- 5Situate the bowl containing the beaten eggs next in line.
- 6Following that, put the panko on the next large plate and place the last empty large plate after that. This is where you'll place your breaded tenders before cooking.
- 7Dredge each tender in flour, shaking off excess, then in egg wash, let drip a bit, then in the panko, being sure to coat all surfaces. Place coated tenders on the last plate and finish coating the remaining chicken pieces.
- 8When the surface of the heated oil is shimmering, but not smoking (about 350F), carefully place the tenders in the oil and fry until medium-dark golden, about 2 minutes per side. You can test if the oil is ready by dipping the tip of a tender in the oil; if it bubbles and sizzles furiously, it's ready! Watch carefully because they can cook quickly.
- 9Drain on paper towels and serve with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Love Me Tenders
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 155.1 mg
- Sodium 2300.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: