1/1 Photo of Louisiana Sunburst Salad (Creole)
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found on the gumbopages.com website. Preparation time does not include the time needed for cranberries to soak overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 2 ounces ruby port
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- 2 ounces water
- 2 ounces raspberry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or less)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 (24 ounce) package mesclun (baby lettuces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled (or blue cheese)
- 2 ounces almonds, sliced & toasted
- 1Soak cranberries overnight in the port wine.
- 2The next morning, in a large mixing bowl, add oil, water, vinegar, Tabasco, cinnamon & sugar, & whisk until emulsified.
- 3Add the lettuces & toss, then season with salt & pepper.
- 4Divide the greens among 4 plates & garnish each with crumbled cheese, cranberries & almonds.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Sunburst Salad (Creole)
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.7
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 397.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: