This recipe was found on the gumbopages.com website. Preparation time does not include the time needed for cranberries to soak overnight.
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 2 ounces ruby port
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- 2 ounces water
- 2 ounces raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or less)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 (24 ounce) package mesclun (baby lettuces)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled (or blue cheese)
- 2 ounces almonds, sliced & toasted
- Soak cranberries overnight in the port wine.
- The next morning, in a large mixing bowl, add oil, water, vinegar, Tabasco, cinnamon & sugar, & whisk until emulsified.
- Add the lettuces & toss, then season with salt & pepper.
- Divide the greens among 4 plates & garnish each with crumbled cheese, cranberries & almonds.