Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found on the gumbopages.com website. Preparation time does not include the time needed for cranberries to soak overnight.
Top Review by kitty.rock
This was very good, though I soaked my cranberries in water as I had no ruby port :( The mixed flavors of sweet, tart and tangy were fabulous. This made for a very satisfying salad and dressing. Thanks Syd, for a new keeper. Made for the ZINGO round of ZWT5, for the Bodacious Brickhouse Babes.
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 2 ounces ruby port
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- 2 ounces water
- 2 ounces raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or less)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 (24 ounce) package mesclun (baby lettuces)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled (or blue cheese)
- 2 ounces almonds, sliced & toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak cranberries overnight in the port wine.
- The next morning, in a large mixing bowl, add oil, water, vinegar, Tabasco, cinnamon & sugar, & whisk until emulsified.
- Add the lettuces & toss, then season with salt & pepper.
- Divide the greens among 4 plates & garnish each with crumbled cheese, cranberries & almonds.