Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was found on the gumbopages.com website. Preparation time does not include the time needed for cranberries to soak overnight.
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 2 ounces ruby port
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- 2 ounces water
- 2 ounces raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or less)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 (24 ounce) package mesclun (baby lettuces)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled (or blue cheese)
- 2 ounces almonds, sliced & toasted
- Soak cranberries overnight in the port wine.
- The next morning, in a large mixing bowl, add oil, water, vinegar, Tabasco, cinnamon & sugar, & whisk until emulsified.
- Add the lettuces & toss, then season with salt & pepper.
- Divide the greens among 4 plates & garnish each with crumbled cheese, cranberries & almonds.
This was very good, though I soaked my cranberries in water as I had no ruby port :( The mixed flavors of sweet, tart and tangy were fabulous. This made for a very satisfying salad and dressing. Thanks Syd, for a new keeper. Made for the ZINGO round of ZWT5, for the Bodacious Brickhouse Babes.
Great different and tasty salad! I used red wine vinegar instead of raspberry, and replaced the water in the dressing with the appropriate amount of the liquid from the soaking cranberries (which were fantastic, by the way!). Great as is, even better as a meal salad topped with some sliced grilled chicken. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I love this salad! I didn't measure so I figure 2 oz is about 1/4 cup. I also used the whole pkg of cranberries (6 oz) the whole piece of cheese (about 1/2 pound) and the whole pkg of almonds (that was about right). Also my lettuce pkg was about 5 oz. So even though my amounts were off this is a fabulous salad that I could eat all day long. Thanks for sharing!