I found this recipe quite some time ago on another site and thought it sounded very good. I think the addition of the spices is very interesting and I can't wait to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 dozen oysters
- 2 cups cornflour or 2 cups seasoned fish fry or 2 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1Combine the first 9 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- 2Add in the oysters and marinate at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- 3Put the remaining ingredients in a paper bag and mix well by shaking.
- 4Remove the oysters from the marinade and drop in the bag.
- 5Shake the bag to coat the oysters and let them rest in the bag for a few minutes.
- 6Heat about 2" of oil in the pan to 365 degrees.
- 7Place the oysters in the oil leaving at least a 3/4" space between pieces (do not overcrowd them or the oysters will be soggy).
- 8Fry the oysters about 4 minutes or until done.
- 9Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 10After most of the oil has drained, remove to fresh paper towels.
- 11Make sure the oil is at least 360 degrees before adding and frying the next batch.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Fried Oysters
Serving Size: 1 (2708 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.1
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 116.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning