Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe quite some time ago on another site and thought it sounded very good. I think the addition of the spices is very interesting and I can't wait to try it.
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 dozen oysters
- 2 cups cornflour or 2 cups seasoned fish fry or 2 cups cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in the oysters and marinate at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a paper bag and mix well by shaking.
- Remove the oysters from the marinade and drop in the bag.
- Shake the bag to coat the oysters and let them rest in the bag for a few minutes.
- Heat about 2" of oil in the pan to 365 degrees.
- Place the oysters in the oil leaving at least a 3/4" space between pieces (do not overcrowd them or the oysters will be soggy).
- Fry the oysters about 4 minutes or until done.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- After most of the oil has drained, remove to fresh paper towels.
- Make sure the oil is at least 360 degrees before adding and frying the next batch.
These were so crisp and crunchy. The seasoning blended well. Thanks for this recipe.