Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This Chinese rice dish calls for the use of a Lotus leaf. I can't find any either, I use a banana leaf, well part of one anyway. We have banana plants in the garden. The leaves are very large and get damaged easily so I just go and cut a piece off. Easy to cook this recipe was given to me years ago and has become a staple in our menus.
- 1 lotus leaves
- 150 g glutinous rice
- 75 g diced chicken
- 1 egg yolk
- 60 g shrimp, chopped
- 20 g mushrooms, sliced
- light soy sauce
- Wash and steam the rice in a little water for ten minutes.
- Fry the chicken, mushrooms and egg yolk.
- Season with soy, salt and sugar.
- Stir the fried ingredients into rice and take off the heat.
- Wrap the mixture in a lotus leaf (banana leaf in my case) and tie with string.
- Steam over boiling water for 30 minutes Serve hot.