Spicy Tofu Kimchi over Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh ginger (grated)
- 1⁄2 ounce garlic clove (pressed)
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh scallions (chopped)
- 8 ounces firm tofu (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 pint cabbage kimchi (pureed)
- 2 ounces water
- 1 egg
- Heat up the olive oil and sesame oil.
- After it is nice and hot at a high flame, throw in the red pepper flakes, ginger, garlic and scallions. Sauté them for two minutes.
- Toss in the tofu, sauté it for two minutes. Pour in the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Sauté for two more minutes.
- Toss in the pureed kimchi and water. Bring it to boil.
- Crack the egg open in the mixture and stir it inches When the egg is cooked, your food is done.
- Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This dish comes together quickly and tastes good. I would recommend either pureeing the kimchi really really well or maybe just chopping up the vegetables. I used an immersion blender to blend the kimchi and the water and the result was slightly gritty tasting. Flavor was good but texture was a bit off. This is great to have in the fall and winter, it's a nice warming dish. I don't know how you could possibly get 4 servings out of this recipe. I'd say only 2 servings. Thanks for posting. I'd make this again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
hello, my name is Vito Fun, I am a professional DJ/Photographer and eatologist living in Brooklyn NY.