Macanese Fried Rice
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice, chilled
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pitted green olives
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, Asian fish sauce, and lime juice and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Heat the oil in a wok or heavy frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 3 minutes, or until the onion starts to turn translucent. Pour in the eggs and scramble until they are just set, and then immediately toss in the rice and stir until well mixed.
- Decrease the heat to medium and add the bell pepper, corn, chorizo sausage, olives, and the sugar mixture, and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Remove the wok from the heat and let rest for 4 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very interesting. I followed the recipe as written except I doubled the sauce and used fresh chorizo which I sauteed first, but it was still a little dry and flavorless. More meat, don't use too much rice, and sauce it up. I probably won't make it again because there are so many great fried rice recipes out there, but I'm glad I tried it. Olives, fish sauce, corn and lime? Yes!